1. Tourist attraction which brings foreign exchange and revenue for the government by paying entry fee to the national parks and reserves.
2. Wildlife conservation has led to proper utilisation of marginal areas of marginal areas where crop growing is difficult due to unreliable rainfall.
3. Creates employment for people raising their standards of living e.g. game rangers, tourist guides and drivers and workers in tourist hotels.
4. Wildlife preservation helps to preserve and protect water catchment areas and soil and also modifies the climate resulting in increased rainfall.
5. It has led to development of industries by providing raw materials e.g. trees provide timber used in the building and construction industry.
6. It has led to development of infrastructure when good roads are built to make Game Parks more accessible to tourists.
7. It has diversified the economic base of East African countries instead of relying on agriculture as a major source of revenue.