1. Both the colonial administration system used European officials at the higher administrative position in their colonies.
2. Both colonial system of administration ensured that Africans were subjected to colonial laws that exploited Africans through tax payment, and forced labor, and deprived Africans of the right to vote.
3. Both colonial system of administration created positions of chiefs in areas that had no central authorities. For instance, the British did this in some parts of Nigeria and Kenya while the France formulated chieftainship in Senegal.
4. Both colonial administrative systems exploited the African natural resources, such as minerals, forests and rivers.
5. Both colonial administrative system underrated and ignored the traditional African chiefs.