Survey is the act of investigating, viewing and recording the measurement of non made and natural features of the earth’s surface. Boundaries, area, elevation, construction line and geographical or artificial features are determined by the measurement of horizontal and vertical distance and angle and by computations based on geometry and trigonometry. The following are the some of the importance of studying survey;-
(1) Surveying used to locate and measure property line such as to lay out building , bridges, channels, highways, sewers and pipeline.
(2) Surveying can also he used to locate station for launching and tracking satellite.
(3) Chain surveying enable the addition of missing details to existing large scale maps printed some years ago.
(4) Surveys can be uses to obtain topographic information for mapping and charting.
(5) Served help to determine sight intermediate and back site of various points in the graoubd especially slope land.