This was the dialogue between the rich (developed) and poor developing nations) with came out of the recognition of the fact that poverty being a global issue must be solved together between the rich and poor nations.Therefore in the North south dialogue the poor countries demanded the following:-
1. They demanded the existing international trade to change so that the poor countries who are the producers of raw materials only can also be able to develop their heavy products in order to get out their dependency.
2. They wanted the price of agricultural raw materials at the world market to be reasonable, good and permanent or fixed because the existing prices are low and are frequently changing which is of a great disadvantages for the development of the poor nations.
3.They demanded transfer of technology from Europe and America to Africa, Latin America and Asia free of charge; where they argue that technology is a right of every man kind therefore the developing nation has a right to get it without any conditions from the developed countries.
4. They demanded that the developing nations are poor but this poverty has been caused by the developed nations; therefore in the new international economic order the rich countries are obliged to help the LDCs by giving loans, aid and grants together with cancelling their external debts.
5. The developing nations appeal to have a voice in the international financial organizations (organs) like WB, IMF because the poor nations use the money from those financial institutions however they have no say especially when to get and when to pay back the loans.
6. The LDCs wants also to ratify the international trade maritime in which the overseas transport should not only be monopolized by the developed nation rather benefiting all nations in the world.
7. The LDCs want disarmament and investment in armament programmers so as to preserve tranquility and mention the world peace and security.